Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Raining, it's Pouring...Guinness is Snoring

 This is Guinness and it is pouring rain!  But I have a secret to tell you--

 That is the absolute BEST time to be outdoors!  There will be no one else out walking...and we have the world to ourselves...

 And we do NOT need rain jackets--silly humans.  We have this stuff called FUR! Besides...I am the noble and great  hound of Ireland... my coat is designed for the harsh winds and  rugged weather.

 Maggi likes to drip-dry on the moss.  See?  He he he.  She loves how soft it feels on her feet.

And look!  There is so much rain it weighted down the branches on this tree--right to the ground.

 Pretty nice, eh?  Look at the leaves turning color.

 Bet you can't catch me! 

 After a while, we head back to the little cabin.

 I love to get patted down with a towel.  It puts me in such a silly mood.

 Did you notice the warm fire?  Maggi sure found it.

I snuggle in and watch the rain.  *SIGH*.  It is nice to sit and *YAWN* listen to the rain pitter patter on the roof...*ZZZZZZZ*  pitter patter *SNORE* ...pitter patter....

15 comments:

  1. Maggi and Guinness seem to live the life they were born for!

    Cheers and hugs all around,

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guinness!
    Wow, what a great rainy day post! It's drizzling here too, so maybe I'll take a wolfie-style run in the rain!! Enjoy your nap.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get much better - fun in the rain and a nice walk/play AND then a cozy nap by the fire.
    You 2 know how to spend your time..Thanks for sharing pics of your rain adventure.
    Tailwags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have a great wet and wild look:) What a great time you two had.

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think we like Maggis idea of staying inside by the fire since we don't like wet feets. But how manly Guiness to endure the fierce storms/rain
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm...love the snozey time after the rain walk and the towel down and then...snoozy time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have Scottish weather coats (here in Oz) and we love getting wet and muddy. BUT and there's always a but, isn't there. We hate the b.a.t.h. afterwards.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wolfies, you make wet weather look good. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some super pics! You look great all wet too, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not bothered by the rain either and those towel downs are da bomb!

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like great walkies in the rain.....I hate rain coats too. It's all good when you have a fire to curl up in front of later!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfull. Just like western Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that picture of the leaves changing colour is just beautiful! But I have to say – you are very brave to go out in the rain. I am a big rain wimp – I hate having to go out for my walk when it is raining. I always try and pretend that I am deeply asleep on my bed, although my humans always insist I must go out a bit "for my own good"! And then I always try to get under their raincoat with them and they say I am very silly!!:-)

    ReplyDelete