Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TRAIL MIX!

It's Guinness! I want to show you some very interesting things I saw on the trails today.


WOOSH! Let's GO!!!!

Look! Maggi found a rabbit trail! But she did not find the rabbit...


And I met a Blue Heeler!


...AND a Valley Bull! That is a special breed of dog originating right here in the Annapolis Valley!

We see a coywolf! We have been seeing lots of these in the Annapolis Valley, and at night we hear packs of them howling! OWWWhooooo!!!! This one was absolutely massive. As you can see it was the size of Maggi! The Coywolf runs away in the field.



Most alarming...we meet an ALIEN!!! Haha!




And I want to show you this video! Maggi can't see what is coming, so the humans hold her tight. But watch me when the snowmobiles come zooming by! We don't really WANT to like the snowmobiles but we sort of HAVE to like them, because if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have these nice trails. See how good I "STAY!" and "WAIT!" Aren't I a good boy?

16 comments:

  1. Guinness, you were definitely a good boy! Rummer would have freaked out with the snowmobiles.

    Angie @ Fetch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just bet you really wanted to hop on one of those! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoz duh good boy?! Whoz duh goooood boy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job of waiting, Guinness. We can tell your human was very proud of you and happy too.

    If Maggi wants to get that rabbit, maybe we could send our Hunter Thunder to help her - he is a master at the bunny hunt:(

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adventure!! Guinness, you did such a good stay!! We've gotten pretty good at that with both motorcycles and horses; but not COYOTES!!

    You met lots of nice fureinds!

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snowmobiles are banned on our trails along this part of the Canada Trail. Fine with me...had too many weird confrontations over the years now peace and quiet!
    and Coywolf...a new one on me...will they make it this far east...just getting used to the plain old Coyote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job waiting Guinness on those snow monsters. Hope sissy wasn't scared. We love seeing pictures of your area and your new friends.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. you really are a good boy...Rooster would have chased after them...or barked...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Guinness! Darwin would've ran right in front of them barking. And I love the sound effects at the end of the video! hehehe
    I thought the coywolf picture was really just you in the snow! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Guinness, you were a good boy, setting a perfect Example. For Groucho maybe, how is he with the snow machines? I do what you do, sit and stay, mostly because I just hate the noise they make!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful self-restraint! I'm very impressed.

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey Guinness,

    What an awesome walking trail! Looks like so much fun, and I love all the snow you have! Lucky pups! I am so sorry, though, that Maggie did not find the bunny. That would have made a good snack! ;->

    I am very impressed by your ability to "stay" and "wait" while those loud snowmobiles drove by! They look too fun to chase for me to have been so good!

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were good to 'stay'. those snowmobiles look like they'd be easy to catch.

    We laughed at the Snowalien.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I didn't know about the Coywolf...makes sense though, cause when we saw one last summer we thought it looked awefully big for Coyote. We hear the packs howl at night, too! Lovely pictures of another great walk, Silver and the Labradorks have to join you some day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete